Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Icy Blue Shell

Ok, new project begun last night. The Icy Blue Shell in the July 2007 issue of Creative Knitting Magazine.

I bought some beautiful Cascade Sierra in color #22.

The magazine calls for Italian Ice yarn and a size 10 1/2 needle, but I had to go down to a 7 for the Sierra. Pretty color, too. It will look beautiful on my Mom. You can't tell from the magazine pictures, but the dragon skin pattern used there on the front of the shell is also down each side. It is the detail that made the whole sweater worth a second look. I saw this sweater made by Milly up at Ben Franklin, and it was beautiful. She had added ribbing at the bottom to give it a finished look. I am doing the same. She gave me some other good tips for this project such as using index cards to keep my pattern straight. Great idea...write each row of the pattern on index cards, stack and flip as you go! Easy!



No comments: