Monday, June 25, 2007

Diversion


Maybe I am giving up. Maybe not. Maybe this is just a diversion. Haven't really decided yet. Chances are, I will someday complete the Icy Blue Shell. Meanwhile, I am using the Sierra yarn for something else. I found a plain vanilla pattern on the Cascade website for free, and am stocking stitching my way into contentment. Later, when I have my wits about me, and help (again) from Milly, since I loused up her instructions for adjusting the pattern for a 5 st. per in. yarn in a 4 st. per in. pattern, which I seem to not be able to get my mind around, I will try again for the Icy Blue Nightmare. I mean Shell.

Meanwhile, take a look at the sock I started yesterday.

Socks always have a calming effect, don't they? This is from the Favorite Sock book that has so many wonderful patterns in it.

I will eventually make them all, I am sure, but for now I have begun the Retro Rib Socks as a starter. The pattern designer, Evelyn A Clark lives here in the Seattle area and I've knitted other patterns that she designed.
One day I will tell you the story of the quilt in the background there. It is my Great-Grandmother's quilt. I have to have better pictures of it first, though. Another day.

Have you noticed something about me that needs to change? I knit too many blue things. WAY too much blue yarn. Posting pictures of my knitting on this blog has really emphasized that to me. I plan to make some changes in that as I purchase new yarn from now on. Thing is, I knit many things as gifts. And blue is sort of a safe "gift color". But I am really growing tired on the blues, if you know what I mean. What I need is some red. Some green. Some gray. Some purple. Maybe...dare I say it? Some yellow or even orange. Well, calm down. I haven't done anything yet.

No comments: