Here are the socks that have lived in my car for the past couple of months. I gave them to Danielle after the closing ceremonies (also known as the Kitchener stitch)
They look cute, and she was happy about them, but I don't like a couple of things. First of all, the gussets. I didn't pick up enough stitches of the heel flaps. Why I did that, I don't know. Not thinking. I don't remember driving and knitting, just parking and knitting. So really, I should have been completely focused on those gussets. I KNOW you think maybe I sneaked a few stitches in while waiting at a long light, but I really didn't. I am a cautious driver. I only think about knitting while I drive. That is perfectly allowed.
Here. Take a look.
The color is off on this one, sorry. But you can see how the gusset is stretched from too few stitches, and of course that made it shorter, too. Also, there are two bumped out stitches where a hole showed up and I tried to hide it.
Ok, enough whining about my shortcomings and on to the Pi.
This is how I'm doing with the Gull stitch, done on the 576 section of the shawl which is in reality 574 since I had to decrease 2 for the pattern.(# of stitches on each round)
Let me just say, I'm so grateful for markers.
I have placed them every 21 stitches in order to keep things in order and on schedule. I don't trust myself to keep it all straight otherwise. I should really be using a lifeline, too, but I have been able so far to fix any mistakes I have found.
Here is some trivia that doesn't really matter:
I'm a "Thrower". Just for anyone who was curious.