Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another Shawl


Here is the finished Clothilde!

What an easy and enjoyable knit! I want to keep her for myself, but we will see.
This one took 8 days, I think. What? Do I have nothing but knitting time on my hands? Seems like it right now, I guess. I'll enjoy it while I can.


It's raining here this afternoon. As much as I miss, miss, miss the rain that we had in the Northwest, this rain is very different. Desert rain is a lonely thing, pouring down desperately upon the dry land in torrents.




In Washington the rain clouds comfort and surround. They settle over the hills and over the lakes creating an ethereal mist. The rain is patient and calming. It has all the time in the world and is in no hurry. The showers are gentle even when it pours. Here the rain seems to be rushed as if the clouds can't empty themselves fast enough. The clouds stay high in the sky and thunder impatiently.





It is exciting and exhilarating...can't help miss Washington, though. The difference in this rain reminds me of the differences in my life. The newness of coming here and leaving the familiar behind. I have longed for rain lately, watching every cloud for signs of moisture, feeling dry. I am enjoying this rain, but not in the same way that I thought I would. The only thing that stays the same, really, is change.


No comments: