Saturday, June 19, 2010

Knitting at Starbucks




Can it get any better? I knit at Starbucks with a few nice gals on Friday nights. I met them at the Starbucks just a few months after I moved down here, and they noticed the wonderful felted project bag that my friend Hannah in WA had made for me before I moved. They asked if I were a knitter, and invited me and Corinne to knit with them. Since then I have enjoyed having some friends here to knit with. Having my favorite coffee available while we knit is a great thing, also!




Last night I wore the Aeolian shawl to knitting night and showed it off a bit. Love wearing it. It makes me think of the book Confessions of a Shopaholic. If you have read that book, one of the cutest things about the story is the lead character, Rebecca, keeps buying clothes. She always thinks that the clothes that she buys are going to be her "trademark" and people will admire her and think of her as "the girl in the green scarf", etc. Maybe I will be "the girl in the lace shawl", right?


No comments: