Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Cozy Spot


My hubby worked to make me a cozy spot to knit this summer and I love it so much. Our apartment has a small patio balcony off of the Master bedroom. Danny and I put down outdoor carpeting and cute patio chairs and created a little place for me to enjoy. It has the morning sun so the hot afternoons are sheltered from the sunshine and so makes this little nook a bit more comfortable! Just perfect for sitting back, knitting and putting in my ear buds to listen to a book or podcast.

Not really a spectacular view...just the complex, but pleasant enough. The little angel in the shadow there is a gift from my Mom and Mike, her hubby. I have dubbed her The Knitting Angel and she is there to help me with any dropped stitches, etc.


Here she is with Clothilde, which I have nearly completed. I am on the 3rd repeat of the Spearhead lace chart, which was really only to be repeated twice. I just wanted the shawl to be a bit larger and lacier. (Is "lacier" a word?)

In my ears today is the Audibles download I got this month: Watership Down written by British author Richard Adams back in the day. I read it when I was a teen and am enjoying it now. It is about the adventures of a little group of rabbits. Not exactly Beatrix Potter, though!

No comments: