Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mary had a Little Frog.....




Frogging AGAIN??? Is that all I do? Well, no-o-o-o-o, but I thought of how boring Pi is right now. I am on the umpteenth repeat of the knitted on border so there really isn't anything to report. However, my car knitting has been driving me nuts. ('Scuse the pun) A sock that looks very cute in my Favorite Socks book is not so cute in person. I knit the whole leg and had even knit the heel flap and turned the heel. That is when things went weird with this little sock. Suddenly, I could care less about whether I finished it or not. No passion for said sock. None. So I, who couldn't wait to get the Favorite Sock book, I who went to the knit shop on purpose to pick up some fun color of Baby Ull to use for the first socks from that book, I who cast on feverishly, anxious to knit a pair of socks in a pattern other than just my usual sock pattern which I got from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book "Knitting Rules", (easy but plain) found myself feeling less than enthusiastic...no...bored...no...ambivalent over...no...hating The Sock. Now you know how serious this is when I can use such a word to describe my feelings about a little innocent and unfinished sock. A sock still in the early stages of development like this is usually nurtured and cared for. But here is a peek at the first little frogging:


Poor little thing...all exposed like that. Well, it was over with fairly quickly and painlessly...



Notice the halo-like quality of the yarn in these pictures. Do you think that was just the camera? Or is there something about The Sock that I didn't know? Hmmmmm. Hey! What is that in the background of this picture?


I'm so fickle...
Well, it was over and done with. Here is The Sock, no longer a sock at all...just a harmless ball of yarn, waiting to become what it was meant to be all along, I guess.
Part of The Stash.


2 comments:

Jenni said...

oh...I do that all the time! I started being a bit more careful lately about what projects I choose to knit, since it seems I was frogging most of them.

Hopefully the yarn will find a better purpose...

tina said...

That is VERY funny! It actually makes me feel so much better about my current feelings for the MS3. (I almost hate to say that in public for fear of a stoning or something).

Whatchagonna do, knitting is a passionate craft and what is on your needles at the time either does it for you---- or it doesn't!

Knit On!!!!!