Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another KAL???

I thought I would get it all together for another KAL I joined the Koi Rama Mystery KAL by Kitman Fugueroa Designs. Her beautiful shawls are done in sock yarn and the lace is stunning on all her patterns. I plan to make more of them, for certain. This one has wrapped stitches which is a technique I have never done before. I will be sure to write about that when I get to that point in the pattern.

I purchased some rather inexpensive yarn for this, since my Mom and I were shopping that day in Las Vegas. We went to Michaels and I picked up this Kroy sock yarn in a charcoal grey, and since the pattern calls for beads, I bought 2 vials of some very pretty pewter color beads to use on this shawl.

Now to cast on!! This shawl is knit from the bottom up, so casting on is going to be a process! (330 stitches!!)

2 comments:

Judy Aldrich said...

Hi Renee,
Good to see you blogging again. I've spent the past few minutes catching up with your posts. Love the shawls you are working on. Beautiful! Say hi to Corrine and I'll tell the girls here that you're baaaaaccccckkkkk. :-D

Judy - in case you don't remember who I am, we used to knit together at BF in BL. :-)

Renée said...

Judy! Can't believe you still checked the blog after my long absence! Glad to hear from you!