Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Swiftly we turn...

Got a new yarn swift yesterday! I ordered it from a place on Etsy called Woodstockcrafts.
With it, and my trusty ball winder, I created this:
This is the yarn from Goddess Knits that is for Mystery Shawl 25. The colorway is called Quarry. Brings Mr. Slate, Barney and Fred to mind, doesn't it? I have wanted a tabletop swift for quite some time, and when I saw that this one was only 29.95 plus shipping, I decided to get it and then gift my old umbrella swift to my daughter, Lizzie and her hubby. I know it will have a good home there with them. I was surprised by the size of the package the swift came in, a long tube probably 5 feet long that was packed so well to keep the pieces of the swift safe from any bumps or damage. It comes completely disassembled and takes all of a minute to put together. I can take it apart and store it easily when I'm finished with it. I really appreciated the smooth parts that didn't snag my yarn at all. Made with care! Now I will be shopping Etsy for a nice sewn storage bag for it, so I won't lose any of the pieces.

I have so much to do today..it is my day off and I have a long list of things I need to do. However, like any good day, I think it will go better if I begin it with a nice cup of Starbucks and a little knitting. I hear the beep of the coffee brewer telling me to "come and get it"! Bye!


No comments: