Thursday, January 22, 2009

Coffee Icon

Yes, that's me...with the silly look on my face, standing next to Howard Schultz, Starbucks genius. Nothing to do with knitting, excepting that Starbucks is a fantastic place to knit. I got invited to this special event that took place last night at the Starbucks in Lakewood, WA. About 50 people were invited...guess that explains where all my "extra" money goes....between Starbucks and yarn, my savings account doesn't have a chance! Love me my latté.

Anyway two of my daughters, both Starbucks Partners, as employees of The Mermaid are called, are jealous beyond belief. Their Mom got to meet Mr. Schultz in person before they did. Love it when we can make our kids realize that we really might be cool after all. Maybe I should have the picture framed or something.


This, of course, is the lovely and famous Noro Striped Scarf. Brooklyn Tweed, the Yarn Harlot and millions of other knitters, all knitting it and finding it irresistable. I am using both Noro Silk Garden and Noro Kureon. I like the way it is turning out. And they are right. It is addictive. I do have other projects, but can't seem to put this one down long enough to do anything with them. Mine is 33 stitches on size 7 needles, slip the first stitch of every row. Alternate the Garden and the Kureon every two rows. Simple.

1 comment:

tina said...

Love your scarf, I can see why it would be wonderfully addictive!

And YES-----kids, your mothers ARE actually very groove! :)